Saturday 20 February 2010

A view of the future of fashion from 1930

I thought I'd start my new blog with an amusing video clip I found - a 1930 prediction of how fashion would be in the year 2000!



They didn't get all of the predictions quite right (and others are spookily spot on as my friend Kitty pointed out), but I wonder if they would feel proud if they knew that some of us today still want the look they had back then? On the opposite end of the scale, there are some people today who want the latest, cutting edge looks, not realising that it's all been done before and probably had its origins in their grandmothers' time! I was watching 'On the Avenue' recently, a film from 1937, where in the opening scene an actress is wearing a figure-hugging black wet-look dominatrix type dress (you have to see it to believe it!) that would not look out of place being worn by Cheryl or Danni on The X-Factor! Now, if that's not proof that it's not all been done before then I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...