Thursday 25 March 2010

Vintage Hair & Other Adventures

Last weekend I was lucky enough to experience the attentions of the Lipstick and Curls girls! I was in London on a girly weekend for my friend Marie's birthday, and as there was a gang of us we enlisted their mobile hairdressing service. We ended up with a mix of different eras according to everyone's tastes and hair lengths, but all of us were deliriously happy with the results and enjoyed all the attention we got on the tube! Some of the attention might have been confusion though, as to protect her Jessica Rabbit curls from the windy and rainy night, Sam was sporting a Sainsbury's carrier bag.

Here are my before and after photos:





Our night at 50's themed Bloomsbury Bowling Lanes didn't quite go according to plan, as due to a mix up of quite gigantic proportions, we were in the VIP suite where an R&B club night was in full swing!! Needless to say, our hair and attire didn't fit in.

The rest of the weekend involved more dressing up, a ride in a cycle taxi, Japanese food, second-hand designer stores (my heart skipped a bit at the Louboutins!) and a trip to What Katie Did - where I was very restrained and only made one small purchase, despite wanting to gorge myself on the fabulous, frivolous items hanging on the rails!

All in all, we had a ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...