Monday 26 April 2010

Bargain Basement Costume & Vintage Finds!

I recently acquired a Jane Austen style ex-bridesmaids dress in blue satin, for 50 pence in my local car boot sale, and the seller threw in the white faux fur stole (brand new with tags on from Debenham's bridal section) for another 50p! The dress is admittedly a tad snug on the bosoms but I think I can let it out slightly with my limited sewing skills.




Another recent bargain basement find was a sweet 60's gold purse in the local bric-a-brac shop - my beloved bought it for me, only £1! I spotted it because it's the exact same fabric of an evening shawl of my mother's.



Will have to keep an eye out for more bargains this weekend, though at a car boot there is certainly a great deal of chaff to sift from the wheat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...