Thursday 17 June 2010

A Bad Wardrobe Day

This morning it took me 45 minutes to choose an outfit. 45 minutes!! I just couldn't find anything that felt right, and it was a very grumpy start to the day. Most of the things I wanted to wear needed ironing, and I thought I didn't have time so I put them in an ever-increasing pile on the bed. It didn't help that some clean items hadn't been put away, and that while half the belts are in a drawer, the other half are in a cupboard in a different room, so I had to go back and forth. I also realised that I have some items that don't have basic items to match! A skirt and cardi that just needed a navy vest top underneath, which I don't have. I have a winter jumper that goes with the skirt, but nothing for the summer.

I therefore am making the following wardrobe vows:
1. Always iron things before you put them away
2. Actually put them away. In the right place.
3. Keep accessory groups together, i.e. all the belts in one place, all the bags in another.
4. Make sure you buy the basics that make your wardrobe work!

So I have some wardrobe organising to do this weekend, and some shopping for basics like vest tops and tees.

Eventually this morning I gave in and ironed a dress, found a belt and was good to go. Then I cut my hand on the wardrobe and dropped blood on the dress! I could've cried until I remember that episode of Frasier where Niles is getting ready for a date and cuts his finger amongst a catalogue of other disasters. Hilarious, here's the clip so you can feel better when you're having a bad-wardrobe-day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...