Tuesday 8 June 2010

Send Me a Postcard: Vintage Souvenir Jewellery

I was recently permitted to browse through my mother's normally-locked-away jewellery collection to see what treasures she has, and found a small collection of souvenir jewellery. I have photographed them for posterity and to share with you all in just how delightful they are!

This first piece is a seaside souvenir from Folkestone, Kent, England, and was bought in the 1940s. It still has it's original card, and opening the miniature book reveals a set of tiny photographs.






There is another mini photo book, this time attached to a bow brooch, from Ilfracombe, Devon, England, in the early 1950s.






This hand pendant is a Canadian piece, and my mother thinks it's from the 1950s also, a souvenir bought by her father.



Finally, a souvenir that my mother bought herself in 1960 on a trip to Florence, Italy. I've seen a few very similar brooches in the car boot sale recently.



Such lovely mementos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...