Tuesday 20 July 2010

My Vintage Lamp

Now and then, asides from clothes, I buy the odd vintage item for the home - this was a car boot sale bargain, 50p, just needed a new fuse.


On old lamps like this the wiring can be missing the 'earth' wire, it's just live and neutral. I thought I'd have to rewire it, but after research I've confirmed it's perfectly safe to use this set up, as long as you put a really low amp fuse in! I'm using a 3 amp in this lamp.

The shade sits a little wonky but I think that adds to the charm of this little lamp.



I'm having problems with both laptop and camera at the moment, so sorry for the lack of posts, I am going to have lots to catch up on when both are fixed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...