Friday 18 February 2011

My New Etsy Shop!

I've finally got around to creating my Etsy shop, Porcelina's Precious Things, and listing a few items! It's taken me most of the morning (I'm still in my pyjamas and it's half-past twelve, scanadalous!) but I'm pleased to be able to tick this off my to-do list.

I'm not intending to become a vintage dealer (I don't have the time), but quite often when I'm rummaging around car-boot sales and charity shops I find some lovely vintage things that I wouldn't wear or use myself, and it seems a shame to just let them sit there or be bought by somebody who doesn't appreciate 'vintage'. I also buy things and then don't wear them, which is also a crime, and so I need to get those items back into circulation.

I've also been watching Belle Starr (1941) on Film Four, with Gene Tierney. It's a bit of a Gone With the Wind (1939) copy, but not as good I'm afraid. Randolph Scott is handsome, Gene is beautiful and would have made a fabulous Scarlett O'Hara in place of Vivien Leigh come to think of it. Maybe that's why they cast her, because she looks a bit like her?

Anyway, do pop by my shop, and I should really go and get dressed!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea, there is always someone who would love to buy something you have no use for. Such a shame to have pretty things packed away x

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...