Saturday 19 March 2011

Review: Abergavenny Vintage Fayre

I really enjoyed this fair! Much, much better than others I have visited recently.

As you know, it was hosted by Vintage Vision, a social enterprise and vintage shop in Abergavenny.

There was a variety - clothing, books, furniture, crafts - and they had a little area set up with tables for tea and cake, served on proper china. As for entertainment, they had live music and then they had a fashion show too, with a bee-hived group of college students wearing some of the items for sale.

It was a small event, but had such a great atmosphere and there were some lovely dresses at reasonable prices. (e.g. A flawless 1940's green striped sundress with big patch pocket, £55. A 1940's silk tea-dress, immaculate, for £40) And lots of bargains from the later decades, it really did not suffer from inflated prices syndrome! I would say only ONE of the stallholders let down the quality (obviously had pets at home, obviously allowed said pets to rampage through the clothes leaving their hair all over them!!)

Aside from Vintage Vision's stalls, there were wares on offer from a range of craft, vintage, food and book sellers.

Peach Blossom Designs
Retrobelle
Tea, Cake & Vintage
Dippy Hippy
Deli Delicious

I tried on a few dresses but ended up buying NOTHING for myself!! Well, a copy of 'Cloth' magazine, which doesn't count. Otherwise I bought a cute bells and hearts bracelet as a birthday present for a friend, and some edible rose petals, which will be used for a project very soon.

As my camera is now off for repair, I didn't take any photos, so I hope that Vintage Vision upload some soon to their website and blog. There was talk on the day on whether future vintage sales would take place in the market hall - I personally hope they continue.

And Spring was in full force - I borrowed a camera later in the day to take a few pics of the blue skies and bountiful blooms!





I'm off on a London adventure now, so will be back online Tuesday with tales of afternoon tea... Have a good weekend all!!

Miss P xx

2 comments:

  1. How lovely - it sounds like a great day out - and such a beautiful day to be out and about.

    I'm looking forward to hearing about your London tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds charming! have fun in London xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...