Monday 9 May 2011

Outing: My Birthday Cornwall Adventure Part 1

First of all thank you for the birthday well-wishing! I've had a lovely trip but am shattered now and taking it easy today before going back to work tomorrow. There's a thunderstorm outside my window so I'm indoors drinking tea, enjoying listening to it.

First stop on our weekend adventure was the village of Padstow on the north coast - it's nicknamed 'Padstein' because TV chef Rick Stein has several eateries, shops and a cooking school there. I tried out some of his fish and chips, and have to say that while the chips were nothing special, the fish goujons were fantastic!





Onwards then to the south coast. We stayed in a picture-perfect cottage on a small complex, and it was absolute heaven. Three bathrooms (!!), a hot-tub, a pool, and stunning countryside views sprawling down to the sea a few miles away.






We'd bought some monkfish at Stein's deli, and spent Friday evening in the cottage cooking up a restaurant-standard (if I do say so myself!) meal, drinking champagne, and sitting in front of the wood-burner. A dip in the hot-tub at night just had to be done too!

A pretty perfect day!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had such a lovely time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely hun. I went to Padstow a very long time ago. x

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...