Thursday 23 June 2011

1950s' Cake Plate






Another car-boot sale purchase from last summer. I think it was 50p, I bought it for the tea-party I had for my birthday, and further investigation of the mark on the back shows that it probably dates from the mid 1950s. It's the perfect size for a cheesecake, and I've used it quite a few times over the past year.

What a rainy day here in Wales! I've been so busy lately with a) work, b) looking for work, and c) working around the workmen doing their work, that I haven't done much sewing, or visiting of charity shops, or watching of old films. I'm hoping to rectify the bargain-shopping tomorrow when I visit a friend, so I'll get back to you soon with any purchases!

If you're off to Glastonbury like my other half is, make sure you take your wellies!!

1 comment:

  1. ooh this is so pretty!
    I've not been bargain hunting recently, too busy packing for my big house move tomorrow. When I'm settled in I will need to hunt for junk to fill my new house with :) x

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...