Tuesday 3 July 2012

Outfit for an Outing



Swan Print Shorts: Monsoon
Cardigan: Laura Ashley
Bag: Gift
Ribbed tights: Peacocks
Brogues: Shucrazy!

I've recently been wearing a few things that are a bit more...modern.  Shorts.  With tights.  This may shock the hardcore vintage among you, but I've been enjoying wearing them!  Alas, it was far too chilly a day to go bare-legged.  I think black opaques instantly make something feel much more modern, and I know that's why many a vintage enthusiast hates them, but they also help people to continue wearing skirts and dresses when legs are a 'problem' area.  Varicose veins, thick hair, bruises, scars and suchlike simply vanish!  Ta da!  So, maybe they're not so bad after all if it means more women are brave enough to make it a 'skirt day'.

5 comments:

  1. I'm definitely a fan of black tights, especially for cooler weather!
    Love this outfit, it has such a classic silhouette and the shoes are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shorts with tights! Just look at my cover photo! I also have some smart black shorts which my mate Dave says make me look like a boy scout, but I liove wearing colourful tights under them. Vintage or nay, they're fun x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also good for those of us who are tall and would otherwise keep showing their knickers to the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just adore the hue of your sweater. A while back I bought one (online) from Forever 21 with some cute beading on it that's in a fairly similar shade, though I haven't had a chance to wear it yet. If this unseasonably cold, damp weather keeps up though, I may soon have to take your lovely lead and give it a spin for the first time.

    Many thanks for your sweet comment on my red and white 1950s gingham dress post, I really appreciate it, dear gal!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tights! (Mainly because then I can go without shaving my legs haha) I do find the top uncomfortable though so I always cut the top off and wear them as thick stockings.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...