Thursday 30 August 2012

Porcelina's Kitchen: The Skinny Tart



Perhaps I should clarify this is a recipe post and I'm not name-calling myself in the title!

A (nearly) guilt free dessert, from Lorraine Pascal's recipe on the BBC food site, here.



I didn't have the selection of fruit suggested, so just used redcurrants.  Also, I used agave syrup instead of honey, which makes it even better for you as it's low GI!

This is a great little recipe for when you're being 'good' (bikini time next week for me!), but you don't want to sacrifice pleasure or prettiness.

1 comment:

  1. How completely scrumptious looking! One of the things I miss about living in Europe was how easy it was to find red (or white) currants. In larger Canadian cities they can be had sometimes, but in my small-ish town, I didn't see a single one in the shops all spring or summer long. Guess I'll just have to get a house with garden one day and plant my own :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...