Wednesday 12 December 2012

Vintage Fair Report: Abergavenny & Pontcanna

It was a loooooong day a week last Saturday for me, selling my wares at the Pontcanna Vintage & Handmade Fair.  It was the first time I have ever tried doing a stall and I completely underestimated the amount of work that goes into it.  I had a whole day on the Friday of mending, washing, ironing, labelling and sorting, and ended up with 2 suitcases and a clothes rail of goods to sell.  Then it was up bright and early on Saturday to lug it all across to the Scout Hall.

Me and 'Doris' 



I was pretty optimistic about how much I would sell and was sorely disappointed at how slow the day was - a fraction of the footfall I was expecting.  I wasn't the only seller that felt this way, and by the end of the day I was one of the lucky ones that turned a profit, albeit a small one.

The previous week I'd been at a vintage fair in Abergavenny, run by Vintage Vision.  It's really a great little fair, but like the Pontcanna one, it was eerily quiet.  Not half as busy as the summer one.   It was a dismal day, very cold and wet, so I am not sure if that put people off.  The additional entertainment is good at this fair - catwalk shows, live jive dancers, and they even threw in a crooner this time.





Gosh, lots of other things have been happening readers, it's the most wonderful time of the year if you have time to enjoy it!  Christmas cards still to be written!  Presents to be bought and wrapped!  Cakes to ice!  I don't get nearly as much time as I would like to do blog posts at the moment, and reading other people's blogs is even harder.  Normal service will hopefully resume after next week - once I am off work for the holidays I can catch up!

Is anyone else floundering rather than festive?!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I wish I lived in your neck of the woods, I would have come to visit and shop at your stall in a heartbeat. There are almost no vintage fairs to be had in Canada (especially if you live in a small town, as I do - there are occasionally vintage events in really big cities like Toronto or Vancouver, but most small towns are exceedingly lucky if they even have one vintage clothing or antique store that sells clothes) and I have always (always!!!) want to attend one.

    I'm sorry that the turnout wasn't nearly as great as you'd hope for. Fingers crossed that things will go better at future fairs you may attend.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...