Sunday 30 December 2012

What I Got For Christmas!

I was a very lucky girl indeed this year, and have a veritable haul of goodies!  Minus the chocolate, which has already been devoured.  I've never been able to resist instant gratification.

Pictured below you will notice a set of pastry forks, a book on 1930s fashion, the new Angel Adoree book, a set of Veronica Lake film noirs, The Bletchley Circle, a mini photo frame, a retro vaseline tin, and an Agatha Christie book.  I also had two dresses (pictures to follow!), running gear, more lovely books and numerous 'stocking fillers'.



I should confess at this point that I bought myself some presents too, including a Besame mascara, a Cyd Charisse t-shirt, a red suspender belt from Kiss Me Deadly, and some posh moisturiser.  On checking my bank balance, January will be a month of living frugally to make up for all the treats.  But it was worth it.

What did you all get for Christmas?  I hope you were all as spoilt as I was!

x

8 comments:

  1. Woowwww that's a GREAT haul! I bet you were chuffed to open that lovely lot!

    I did well, my boyfriend took notice of my monthly blog 'wish list' and brought me an item off there, a 50s modernist indoor watering can - sounds insane but it's stunning AND goes really well with my homemaker china! Apart from that, lots of books, and a 1940s teapot that looks like a beehive! I think we both did well!
    And well done on your own shopping, i've been SO disappointed by the sales, nothing i fancy! Having to trawl Ebay as usual to get my bargain fix!
    Have a great start to the New Year!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too Katie, thanks for your lovely message. I too am disappointed with the sales, but that's not a bad thing now that I'm all spent out!

      I did get a bit excited at the 1930s book, even though I'd specifically put it on my Amazon wish list for my Mum! But you never know, as she will only give presents that she 'approves' of, and sometimes it's hard to guess what will pass this criteria!!

      I would love to see some photos of the watering can and teapot when you get around to it. I'm intrigued!

      P x

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic array of Christmas gifts! I've heard marvelous things about that 1930s fashion book - can't wait to hopefully get my hands on a copy sometime in 2013, too. Our Christmas was amazing! So happy, fun filled, and loaded with wonderful presents. I got spoiled to no end by Tony who came me an iPhone (my first ever), and his big present from me was the new iPad mini. So a very modern Xmas for this vintage gal! :)

    Wishing you an incredible, endlessly happy New Year, dear gal!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too Jessica! Glad to hear you had such an amazing Christmas, and that sounds wonderful all those modern new-fangled gadget presents!

      I'll post some pics from the fashion book soon and do a little review on it. So far from just flicking through it's AMAZING!!

      P x

      Delete
  3. I got blissfully spoilt too. I am so relieved the sales were rubbish because I am skint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, January is a hard month for many isn't it? Glad you got spoilt and hope you can hold out until February being frugal! It's not easy!

      P x

      Delete
  4. Oh lovely. That book looks great www.adoramehitabel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I just say I'm so jealous of all your presents!!!

    Nora
    NoraFinds

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...