Monday 18 February 2013

Blog Anniversary: Celebrating 3 Years of Porcelina's World!

Can you believe it?  I've been blogging for three whole years this week!  I started doing my own blog as a way to share vintage-related things - videos I'd found on Youtube, amazing bargains from the charity shop, or an old film rediscovered that sparked an obsession with cardigans or hair bows.  Not having a big vintage scene here in South Wales, it was hard to find someone who got as excited as I did over vintage, and blogging opened up a whole world of like-minded people who really did go cuckoo for the same things that I did!


Another reason for starting a blog was wanting to keep my hand in at writing - I used to do a little freelance journalism, and recently have been writing short stories and poetry.  I think it's been good to keep in the habit of writing, even if it's only about shoes and not serious world-changing journalism.

The unexpected benefits I have received though have been from the community that I feel I have become a part of.  I had no idea that vintage bloggers (and followers!) were such a lovely bunch of people - thank you to everyone over the years who has helped me identify mystery antique boots, has indulged my obsession with Miss Lemon's wardrobe, and who has left me lovely comments.


The first post I ever did was about a 1930's Norman Hartnell fashion clip that I found - I'm sharing it here again if you missed it the first time around.



I am doing a series of posts this week to celebrate my blogging anniversary - keep an eye out, because there'll be a few giveaways.

Thank you to every single one of my followers!

P x

5 comments:

  1. Happy blogoversary! I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome, seriously commendable blogging milestone. Happy anniversary, dear gal! Here's to many more years of wonderful vintage blogging.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 years is a fine achievement! Congrats! X

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...