Monday 4 March 2013

The Thrill of the Car Boot Sale

Good morning!  I thought I'd share some of my recent car boot sale treasure with you.  The car boot sale really is the place to pick up little vintage items for next to nothing.  I love the thrill of the hunt!  Generally speaking, there are always a lot of brooches from the 1950s, and occasionally I get something a little earlier - this week I got a 1940s scotty dog brooch.  There are also lots of homeware bargains too, if I didn't have to share a kitchen I would have bought about three dinner services by now!

I can't keep all of these items, I simply don't have the room, so please check my Ebay listings where prices always start at 99p so that I can shift things quickly and you can get a bargain.









I hope this Monday morning finds you in good spirits, Mondays can be hard sometimes.  I've been suffering from a particularly low mood for a month now, and I've decided enough is enough!  I'd stopped making an effort with my workwear, I'd stopped bothering to make fancy tea in a teapot, I felt really lethargic and oversensitive and generally terrible.  Yesterday I decided to put on lipstick and haul myself out of the house.  March will be a GOOD month.

4 comments:

  1. I hope March is a lot happier for you, dear Porcelina and you start to feel tickety boo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mr N! The early March sunshine is definitely helping, and I just found out I've won some knickers. Life is on the up!
      P x

      Delete
  2. Sorry to here that you have been feeling a bit blue lately, I know house hunting can be a bit stressful and this time of year doesn't help, I hope you feel better soon, Springs around the corner and fingers crossed the warm weather with it, I personally can't wait to shake off my winter stuff get in to my spring clothes!
    Oooh and what pretties, I shall have to have a gander at your listings! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring is a major mood booster Wendy! Starting to feel better already. But alas, house-hunting on hold as I've found out that my job contract is not being renewed because of lack of funding, so it's now job-hunting instead of house-hunting! Not what I had in mind, but you've got to roll with it in these hard financial times!!

      P x

      Delete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...