Monday 6 May 2013

Baking, Lunching & Cowboys

My baby turned 40, so we had to celebrate hard!  First of all we had a lovely lunch in a converted water pumping station with his parents, to which I wore my Lindybop dress (another great gift!).  I always think purple is quite autumnal, so I wore it with a lilac cardigan and cream ballet pumps and kept the make-up light to make it feel a bit more in keeping with the spring sunshine.

Porcelina wearing Lindybop Viola dress

Porcelina wearing Lindybop Viola dress

Sospan Llanelli


Isn't he handsome?  And doesn't look 40 at all.  We ended up baking a Victoria sponge afterwards and having a proper afternoon tea with vintage cups and saucers.

Homemade Victoria Sponge with Strawberries on Vintage rose china

Afternoon tea

The main celebration was a Cowboy themed party on Friday night - luckily the weather held so we had a campfire in a very magical garden lit with fairylights and lanterns.  I always like a Cowboy party, I get to wear my vintage thrift finds!  I went 'new' Nashville to start, with a denim mini skirt and a western shirt, and then changed into 'old' Nashville with my traditional Patsy Cline look dress with red fringeing.  Unfortunately I don't have many photos, as I was too busy drinking rum by this point.




My birthday is only 6 days apart, so I think we are just going to carry on with the celebrations, no point in stopping is there?

5 comments:

  1. Happiest birthday wishes to you both!!! It's really lovely that your special days are less than a week apart (mine and Tony's are 26 days apart, making us both summer babies, just like you and your sweetie are spring babies).

    Wonderful dress - I love mixing shades of purple, too, especially when one is quite dark, the other much lighter, like the beautiful palette at work here.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so lovely in that dress! The collar and double breast features are so sweet.

    I hope the cake was as delicious as it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Porcelina, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the cowboy style. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my that Victoria sponge looks so very delicious!

    Happy belated birthday to you both!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...