Friday 10 May 2013

My Birthday in Pictures

First of all, thank you for all of your kind birthday messages!  On the day, a trip to the seaside was in order!  Never mind that the skies were grey and it was drizzling with rain.  Wearing a new dress, the Lindy Bop 'Cassy', I stepped out with my baby.  We caught a train to Penarth, and went for tapas and cocktails, before marching down to the pier in the rain.

Lindy Bop Dress Cassy


Lindy Bop Dress Cassy
 
I loved wearing my peacock feather hairband, 50p from the car boot sale!


They're rennovating the pier and I'm really excited to see the finished results - the pier was redone in Art Deco style back in the 1930s and I'm hoping that the character will be preserved.  We sheltered from the rain in one of the little covered areas, and sipped whisky from my pale blue leather hip flask to keep warm.

 

Back in the city, more cocktails were drunk.  We started at Browns, and then visited the 'Chapel', a fabulous converted church.  The new lipstick I'm wearing is 'Portrait Pink' by Besame.  It's quite a nude colour.

Lindy Bop Dress Cassy

Lindy Bop Dress Cassy

Lindy Bop Dress Cassy


We headed home then for an M&S dinner, and to watch the Robert Reford version of 'The Great Gatsby'.  A perfect birthday!

4 comments:

  1. What a marvelously charming dress! I'm of the mind that every gal should try to have a new frock (or other favourite garment) for her birthday, and have been treating myself to one annually for several years now (my b-day still isn't for two months - to the day, come to think of it - but I already bought this year's frock last month).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you have carried on celebrating in style,I don't know what I like most the dress or the headband. You absolutely must go back when the pier is finished and take some photos.

    Now back to studying for that interview you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of walking to the pier in the rain. I like wandering seaside towns in the rain, more so off season and so wish I could be wandering down a pier in inclement weather .. pesky lack of car!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A trip to the seaside for your birthday sounds so lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...