Monday 23 September 2013

Vintage Inspired Shopping: Cigarette Pants

Autumn is my favourite season, for everything, but especially for fashion.  I haven't been as excited this year because of the illness in the family, so am yet to hit the shops in search of vintage inspired buys.  A few things have caught my eye though through magazines and online browsing, so today I want to share with you a selection of vintage inspired cigarette pants.  They all sit on the waist, which is the essential feature for a vintage look.  I haven't yet found the perfect pair for me - maybe one of these is perfect for you?

The first are from The White Company (somewhere I never would have dreamed of looking, but I went to the launch of their Cardiff store and was impressed with the quality of their clothing).  They are fairly long, have a side zip, and are available in wool (£95) or a thick twill-type fabric (£85).  Alas, as I am tall and have prominent hip bones, they were just an inch too low in the waist, but they were a near-perfect fit otherwise.



Secondly, another wool pair (you can tell I'm expecting it to turn cold pretty soon!) from Cos (£79) with little zip detail on the ankles and a shorter length than the White Company ones.


Collectif had some fab 'Bonnie' cigarette trousers earlier this year but are sold out - they tend to restock a few times a year so keep an eye on their website.

For a custom pair, try Boo Boo Kitty Couture on Etsy - only £55, so perfect if you find it difficult to get a good fit with ready to wear items on the high street.


Finally, for larger ladies, you might want to give these cigarette trousers from Very a go, they're only £22 and available in sizes 14 to 28.


Has anyone else found the perfect cigarette pants for them?


1 comment:

  1. This is a great quest! It's quite hard to find skinny jeans that perfectly-fitting, but they are so necessary ... Happy week, dear Porcelina

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...