Tuesday 5 November 2013

Halloween Dinner Party

The first dinner party we hosted in the new house was a great success!  My Baby finished restoring the table in time, we managed to clear away the piles of unopened boxes, and I managed to prepare all the food before getting too tipsy.  I love my new dining room, here are lots of gratuitious pictures of it.


 My '60s/'70s dress with cape!  I was channelling Bewitched, the witch who just wants to be an ordinary housewife

 
 



 I was particularly proud of these Creme De Menthe cheesecakes with dark chocolate abominable snowmen!

My friends never fail to embrace a theme - this is Mr Gingerbread House and Mrs Night Sky!

Phew, first dinner party over and done with, and I'm already planning the next one.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome looking Halloween shindig! (And may I add, you guys have a breathtakingly beautiful dinning room table and set of chairs.)

    Happy start of November,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica, I will do another post about how we restored the table, with before and after pictures. It was a lot of hard work but we're so pleased with the results! And we did it all on the cheap too, which makes me inordinately happy.

      November, I love it, it's Guy Fawkes night here so fireworks and sparklers abound!
      P x

      Delete
  2. Your dinner table looks apealing, dear.
    It's so sutably decorated, and the dark chocolate abominable snowmen is simply adorable.

    Hug
    Marija

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Marija - the dark chocolate snowmen were made with an ice-cube mould, you could do anything you wanted really! x

      Delete
  3. That looks like so much fun, i used to love watching Bewitched!! She was one fashionable lady, your cape is just as snazzy! :) The chocolate abominable snowmen are hilarious, ALMOST too nice to eat ;) Hope you all had a great time!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bewitched was great wasn't it? That film they made with Nicole Kidman was pretty awful though!
      I enjoyed swishing my cape - and felt smug that I only paid £1 for the dress!
      x

      Delete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...