Wednesday 29 January 2014

My New Favourite Perfume: Fleur de Figuier

Absolutely ages ago I picked up a sample of one of Roger & Gallet's perfumes, 'Fleur de Figuier'.



The other day I used it for the first time, and I was absolutely intoxicated by this elegant fragrance!  I found myself drifting away to somewhere warm and heavy with scent.  It's described as follows:


"Designed by the creator Francis Kurkdjian, Fleur de Figuier Eau Fraiche reveals all the fresh flesh tones of the delightful fruit. Initially you are enveloped by the fig leaves crisp aroma and fresh mandarin flowers, then the milk and notes of wood, create a warm and creamy background, this envelops you like a second skin, vibrant and sensual."

Gosh, that does describe far better than I ever could, how the scent is fresh, fruity and warm!

You can buy Roger & Gallet's range at M&S and John Lewis here in the UK, as well as online in various locations.  The perfume retails at £32 for 100ml, and if you really, really like it then you can go the whole hog and order the other products in the range, including soaps and moisturisers.

Worth a sniff, don't you think?

6 comments:

  1. Kurkidjian's one of the masters of modern perfumery. I really like R&G products - my husband got me a load of soaps one Christmas, which might seem like an odd pressie, but they're pricy and I like a nice bar of good soap much more than a manky, landfill-increasing bottle of 'handwash'. I haven't tried that scent, I shall have to look out for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never heard of him before, but the more I read the more I am dazzled! They are good products indeed, but you're right that they're pricy, I can understand having soaps as a gift! P x

      Delete
  2. Absolutely!!! That sounds like a glamorously heady, passionately pretty aroma. The gorgeous bottle, too, is amply worth writing home (or in this case on one's blog) about.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's dreamy, honestly, and the annoying thing is that I've lost the sample I had! It will turn up somewhere, but I'm missing my pick-me-up! p x

      Delete
  3. Wow! I do not know that perfume, but your description sounds great, there are some M & S stores in the island where I live, I will try to find this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you manage to get hold of some, it's truly beautiful! P x

      Delete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...