Friday 24 January 2014

Outfit: Rosie the Riveter Style!

The other week on my day off, there was serious work to be done around the house, so I dressed for it.  The dungarees were borrowed off a family member once and never returned (oops!), the Western shirt is from a thrift store in Texas ($1) and the bandana was from New Look.






Anyway, I'm pleased to report that we fixed the central heating!  Well, my Baby did, he's very clever, I just held the torch and made sure he re-covered the live wires properly, because I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to DIY involving electricity, gas or water.  The dungaree pockets came in handy, I had room to pop a torch and pair of pliers in the top pocket, and later when I was cleaning there was room other bits and pieces.  I then made parsnip soup for lunch, it was delicious.


Fancy being as chic yet practical as Rosie?  Here are some outfit ideas for you, all from Freddies of Pinewood.

First up, the 'Grease Monkey' jumpsuit, £80.


Then the 'Dungaree Dolls' dungarees, £60.

And finally, the 'Home Companion' dungarees, £65.


Do you have a pair of dungarees?  What do you wear for work around the house??

I also forgot to mention that I'm joining in on Friday's 'Passion for Fashion' blogger link up, hosted by Rachel the Hat and Lena B.  Every Friday they're linking to fashion bloggers, and pinning their favourites to their Pinterest board here.  Please go and visit their pages and have a look at some of the wonderful fashion blogs on offer!

15 comments:

  1. Real nice combi :-) I like the style!
    Aziza from
    http://berlin-capital-life.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've just checked out your blog, such cute photos! I love the blogosphere for fashion inspiration.
      P x

      Delete
  2. Love this look... and so happy to hear it was also practical! lol Pinning this look to my favorites! Thanks for linking up for Passion For Fashion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite a fun thing to do on a Friday, this Passion for Fashion! Love your blog, it's good to pass inspiration along.
      P x

      Delete
  3. I have multiple pairs of dungarees and love them, but we call them overalls here :) your take on Rosie the Riveter is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've just found your blog too, thank you for introducing me to Mara Hoffman, I just love the patterns and colours. P x

      Delete
  4. You look darling!

    I don't have a pair of overalls, but longing for a pair from Freddie's, I do love their coverall inspired grease monkey though quite a bit!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're rather fabulous aren't they, the Freddies ones? I'm tempted!

      Thanks for stopping by! P x

      Delete
  5. Oh the good ol' days! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I found your blog too through the Passion for Fashion, a great idea!
      P x

      Delete
  6. You look smashing! Very, very Rosie approved and like you're ready to tackle any job that calls for a little elbow grease in perfect 1940s causal attire style.

    Have a terrific weekend, dear gal!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did feel quite capable in this outfit, but there wasn't much else on the DIY list that day so I had to stop!
      Thanks for the kind comments P x

      Delete
  7. That outfit looks really cute on you.

    I look terrible in casualwear. :-( I'm a born suit wearer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you would win in a vintage fashion face-off, suits always trump dungarees! I don't think I even own a suit, I would love a Hitchcock Heroine style one. P x

      Delete
  8. i love that outfit on you! you look great in dungarees, i tried once a pair and it was just awful on me, my exboyfriend said i look like a a heinzelmännchen haha. yes i´m from austria;) we got even more snow these days so i could send you some to wales;)
    love and kiss,mary
    http://www.maryloucinnamon.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...