Wednesday 1 January 2014

Welcome 2014! A 1930s Inspired NYE Look

For our first New Year's Eve in the 1930's house, it seemed fitting for me to do a bit of a 1930's look!  I did a faux bob in my hair (great tutorials on Youtube, have a browse), donned a gown and a faux fur shrug, and I was ready for pink champagne, a buffet and some games.  It was just the two of us, but it was a lovely evening.

1930s inspired NYE outfit



In the next picture I'd had a glass too many and my inner Kate Bush was emerging.


I hope that you all spent NYE how you wanted to, even if that was going to bed early!  What did you all do?  Dress up, or dress down?

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! You look really wonderful, your year was spectacular farewell to this beautiful look. I hope the new year bring much happiness to you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you both look very sophisticated, happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Massively dressed down this year, I'm afraid, as I was (and still am) in bed with a bug that feels like a hybrid between a cold and flu with a migraine swirled into the mix. Oh well, 'tis the season for illnesses! I still enjoyed NYE all the same and am bubbling over with happiness about that fact that we've got a fresh new year here to enjoy and make the best of again.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! I adore that color!

    Happy New Year!
    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...