Friday 25 October 2019

Bun In The Oven

As if I hadn't packed enough in to 2019, the best is yet to come...  Chris and I are excited to share with you that we're expecting a baby in early January!


The bump has emerged rapidly in the last few weeks, so I thought it was about time I said something before you all thought I'd made a head start on the mince pies in anticipation of Christmas.  (I've resisted the mince pies, lebkuchen, and stollen so far, despite my new office being dangerously close to Lidl...)

Soon, the only vintage I will be able to squeeze into will be kaftans, so I'm enjoying the handful of vintage pieces that still fit me.  This Frank Usher dress had always been a little big on me, something I'm really grateful for now!  I used to wear it with a waist belt to cinch it in, when I had a waist, but I added a sash this time.  This was the first time I'd left the house wearing something that obviously accentuated the bump, but I think I've reached the stage where I just have to embrace it.  Not that I'm keen to start wearing 'bodycon' catsuits and revealing dresses, as worn by the young pregnant ladies in my local supermarket.

It's certainly going to be an adventure, but then having adventures is what life is all about!

11 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you both. Pregnancy really suits you, you're looking wonderful and you're proving that dressing with a baby bump can be done with class and style!
    I shall be scouring all our usual haunts for any cool baby wear and getting my vintage trader friends to keep a lookout, too That baby is going to be the best dressed baby in vintage blogland! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix, that's kind of you. It has been hard feeling like 'me' so I am really appreciating the vintage pieces I can still get into. As for baby clothes, it's a whole new world of shopping, I am quite excited about the coordinating outfit possibilities! Xx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to you both!! What amazing news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Congratulations to both of you, you are both looking radiant with happiness! And who knew that fabulous Frank Usher dress would turn out to be the perfect maternity dress! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann! I am SO glad I never got around to taking the dress in. Xx

      Delete
  4. Oh congretulations! That is so exiting! You are already such a handsome couple, and to expand it is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy, we're already planning baby outfits ;)

      Delete
  5. I congratulated you on IG, but congratulations once again! Doctorate, new job, baby... your life's changing so much in such a short space of time, and all in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mim, 2019 really has been a momentous year for me, turning 40 must have spurred me on. I hope 2020 will be calmer, so I can catch my breath a bit!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations to you both !!!!! Such a great way to end the year.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...