Tuesday 22 June 2010

A Day in Bath, Part 1: Fashion Museum

Last Friday I had a lovely day out in Bath which involved immersing myself in the Georgian architecture, browsing in vintage shops and making a long-overdue visit to the Fashion Museum at the Assembly Rooms.

The 18th Centure Assembly Rooms were built as a social hotspot and continue to hold functions and events today, and I am sorry that my pictures can't do them justice - the rooms are truly breathtaking!







I amused myself with this picture of me and a long line of empty chairs, it looks like everyone's been asked to dance except me!



The Costume Museum is underneath these rooms, and well worth a visit. My only disappointment was that the 1920s to the 1950s were sadly neglected in the costume collections, and those are my favourite decades! I managed to spot a couple of 30's dresses and some 50's accessories but that was pretty much it from that time period, with the focus being on the pre 1900s and the 1960s onwards.






I should also mention that you have a chance to try on a corset and a big ole heavy crinoline if you fancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...