Friday 2 July 2010

An English Country Garden

Last week I went to visit my friend Victoria (the Textile Designer I've done a few posts about) in Keynsham, South West England, and we spent the morning in her lovely garden before doing a trawl of the local charity shops! The only cold drink she had was white wine, so please forgive the picture of us drinking before the sun was over the yard arm, but it was a particularly hot day!







The purple sweet-peas are a variety that has been grown in England since Medieval times. The last picture shows our delicious lunch - a home-made quiche and a salad picked fresh from the garden! Her garden really does put my little paved-over yard to shame, so I've been making an extra effort this week to plant some things, and the radish seeds she gave me have already sprouted, look!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...