Saturday 15 January 2011

A Good Read: The Red House Mystery



I've just finished a 1922 novel, 'The Red House Mystery', the only detective story written by Winnie the Pooh creator A. A. Milne. In the vein of Agatha Christie, but with a bit more humour and a self-appointed Sherlock and Watson, it was a fun read and I was immensely satisfied when I guessed one of the 'twists'! That doesn't happen often with Agatha.



Here's a pic also of the 1933 first edition Agatha Christie short story collection I got for Christmas. Being so old, I can forgive that two pages were stuck together at a crucial point in the story where Poirot was explaining what the murderer's motive was...

4 comments:

  1. Love the Agatha book cover. I shall add The Red House to my reading list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always looking for a good read, on the list it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shall have to add The Red House to my reading list too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I recognised the author's name...! I need a reading list now, I have a spare notebook to write lists in. What a shame the two pages were stuck together, can you steam them apart? What a lovely gift though!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...