Friday 21 January 2011

Alfred Meakin Gravy Boat



On a very, very rainy day in Keynsham last week I did a trawl of the charity shops, and came across this lovely 1950's gravy boat by Alfred Meakin. My friend Victoria collects gravy boats and jugs and it was her keen eye that spied it first, but her husband has told her she has a problem and has to stop buying them and so I bought this one instead, for the sum of three pounds. This could be the start of a downward spiral into gravy boat collecting.

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!
    I bought a lovely brush and mirror set this week for £5. gold handles and flowers on the back. I lvoe them. I've had a good week in the chairty shops this week, found a few nice leather bags and nice pink glass candle sticks xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Yes, I can see how this gravy boat could be the start of a new addiction. :-)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog... Love yours!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...