Monday 9 July 2012

Hair Experimentations: Retro Waves & '60s Pouf!

It's been over a month since I had the chop with my hair, going from mid-back length to collarbone skimming.  The first time I attempted to do a vintage style with this new, shorter length was disastrous!  I used hot bendy sticks and whereas the heaviness of my hair usually smooths it out into Veronica Lake perfection, the shorter do meant my hair merely stuck out at odd angles from my head.

So, the other day, I braved another attempt.  This time with my Carmen hot rollers from the '70s, handed down from one of my elder sisters.  And it wasn't half bad.  What do you think?


Excuse the Cliff Richard calendar in the first pic.

The next day, I brushed out most of the curl and then went for a bit of a '60s look by putting lots of height in at the crown (backcombing courtesy of my multi-talented other half!!).  I'm definitely warming to some of the '60s styles, and I enjoyed wearing a nude lipstick for a change.


Has anyone else been experimenting recently?

Miss P xx

1 comment:

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...