Thursday 16 August 2012

Going for Gold!

We've got a gold postbox in Cardiff!!  Right opposite the castle, to mark the achievement of Welsh cyclist Geraint Thomas.


I really was quite carried away by the Olympic spirit!  In previous years I haven't been interested, but with my recent get-fit campaign, I threw myself into it wholeheartedly.  Previously I've thought that vintage and sporty don't really go together.  Rather like a dress-up doll with different versions, I have reconciled these two sides to me by developing a 'Sporty Porcelina' version as well as 'Vintage Porcelina'. 

And now, after months of training - I RAN 5K!!  Twice, so far this week.  I feel like an Olympic champion!

If the Olympics haven't given you inspiration enough to get sporty, then I recommend you read Fleur's blog - she even did a race in red lipstick a little while ago!



4 comments:

  1. Wow I am super impressed!! To be able to run 5K just once is my dream, let alone twice, you certainly deserve a gold medal!

    I have just begun a running program, starting with repeating 60 second runs then walking for 2 mins, So it will be a long time before I get to your level. I am still very much in the 'I HATE this' stage of running, but its a start and each time it gets a little bit less horrific :)

    Oh and thank you for letting me know about the blogger thingumy, I have had problems with commenting too, which is very irritating, but at least I now know its not my dodgy computer causing it1 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That box looks fabulous! I was so pleased for Geraint, well all of the GB cyclists actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for your blog visit, I checked out the skates story you mentioned! Cheers, Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog, so I'm a new follower =)

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...