Thursday 25 October 2012

Porcelina the Author!

I've been keeping my cards close to my chest, but I think now's the time to admit that secretly... I write!  Short fiction stories, to be exact.  I would really love to be the next Agatha Christie, but if I still can't work out whodunnit after reading her books over and over, there's not much hope of me writing that genre myself.


Recently I won second place in an international competition, and I am thrilled that my story is going to be published in an anthology.  My first interview as an author can be found on the competition website here.  (You will also find out more about who I am in 'real life' if you're curious!!)  The top prize was a holiday to Greece, what a near miss!  I would have liked that.  Oh well, maybe next year I will win outright.

Any other bloggers also writing in other forms?  I'd be interested to hear!

6 comments:

  1. I've just got wind of this momentous news - an author! Hearty congratulations on doing so well. Any clue you can give about your book idea is or is it a closely guarded secret? I enjoyed the end of the biog bit - 'pots of Earl Grey and dressing like Katharine Hepburn'. Very apt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I told you I'd have to kill you... Ha! Not really, but I am quite secretive as I write, so I am not going to share quite yet.

    Thanks for all your comments recently, sorry if I am a bit slow at responding - just increased my work hours from 4 days to 6, so my time as a lady of leisure is greatly reduced!!

    Porcelina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiest congrats on being published, that's marvelous! I've always adored writing and have done some freelance work over the years (and a bit of ghost writing, too), but my heart especially lies with non-fiction and poetry, both of which I generally just do for fun and the catharsis I find writing imparts to by life.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow congratulations, that really is very exciting!!

    I'm a writer too, only I write screen plays for films and television.
    Of course, I haven't sold anything I've written but you know, one day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day might be just around the corner!! Screen plays sounds very exciting too, I've never dabbled in that area.

      Delete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...