Wednesday 16 January 2013

Family Bake Off - We Won!!

I don't think I've mentioned this yet, but I was yet again crowned champion family baker, jointly this year with my partner, in the annual family Christmas competition!  This year there were only three entries - our festive cheesecake, my sister's stained glass window biscuits (hung on a tinsel tree she got her husband to make out of a kitchen roll holder!), and my Mum's lebkuchen.

We slightly overbaked the cheesecake, but it still tasted amazing.  It's from a Rachel Allen recipe with poached pears on a ginger base.  Yummy!




1 comment:

  1. My dear girl, this sweet treat sounds (and looks) so speculatively delicious. I can completely see why you won (congrats!). I've always loved the flavour pairing of ginger and pears, too.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...