Monday 11 February 2013

Costume & Make-Up BAFTA Event

Who loves costume and make-up?  We all do!  I was very excited to be able to attend a wonderful event recently hosted by the Cosy Club at St David's shopping centre in Cardiff.  BAFTA Cymru (Wales) and Grayling PR put on a fantastic event, with a talk by BAFTA winning costume designer Lindsay Belasconni, make-up artist Jo Evans and Producer Jane Dauncey.  There was a fab mix of creative types there, from fashion students to producers, make-up artists, costume designers and bloggers (there were some really good outfits, with a smattering of vintage inspiration) and everyone was really friendly, which is always nice when you go to something on your own.

Above: Me on the left, and a stylish lady in the centre who has a sweater clip on her collar - I might have to steal that idea!

Above: The lady on the right has a 1950's bag, and an amazing vintage dress

We were well lubricated with Prosecco, and rather than the 'nibbles' I was expecting, a tapas banquet appeared that I think could have fed over 100 people.  Alas, I had eaten my dinner beforehand and could only manage a few mouthfuls.  A shame, as it looked very appetising indeed, and judging by how busy it was it must be a popular place that warrants a return visit from me to investigate it thoroughly.


We all had a particularly lovely goody-bag to take away, that included Crabtree & Evelyn products, New Look make-up, and a Boux Avenue discount that I will be sharing with you in a separate post.


I personally won't use the Kelly Brook eyebrow palette because I'm addicted to Dior's brow pencil and won't give it up, so I am going to offer it in a little giveaway very soon with some other treats.

Thank you again to everyone who put on the event, it was great fun and I learnt a lot about eyebrows, lighting and costume-making on a budget!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like such a marvelous evening! You look lovely (fab polka dot blouse!) and like you were having a great time. Thanks for taking us along with you.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who doesn't love polkadots? It was a car boot sale bargain for 50p, it has a bit of a peplum which you can't see very well in the photo - I'll have to wear it again soon and take better photos!

      P x

      Delete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...