Friday 17 May 2013

The Hills Are Alive!

I am incredibly lucky to live in such a beautiful place as Wales.  A short drive and we're up in the mountains of The Valleys, an area of South Wales that was characterised for a long time by heavy industry.

    

From the hill top you could see all the way back down to Cardiff and the sea!  Amazing.  I had to wear very non-vintage trainers for the steep climb, but did manage to wear a pretty 1930s/1940s brooch on top that I recently bought at the car boot sale for £2.  A bargain.  I love the Spring colours.

 




We certainly savoured every drop of sunshine over the weekend, and I realised that Wales is very beautiful when it's not covered in grey depressing cloud.  It's probably a good job it's not sunnier, as then everybody would want to move here!

4 comments:

  1. What absolutely breath-taking scenery! I love a good wind-swept, verdant (yet somewhat rocky) landscape as well.

    Have a fabulous Friday & weekend, dear gal!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful landscape indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such beautiful landscape. I swear, my blog feed is full of vacations, nature & adventure tonight. I'm itching with envy! Love the brooch, and why wear anything else vintage on a hike? That's just silly. I promise we still want to oggle, outfits or no.

    xo Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful. I have only been to Wales twice. Both times to Cardiff which probably isn't very representative. On one if our visits, hubby and I went walking in the hills and woods around Crosskeys and nearby places. It was beautiful. I'd love to walk up Snowdonia some time.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...