Wednesday 26 June 2013

My First Race!

A brief diversion from matters vintage - I just want to update you all on how my first race went.  For those of you not up to speed (!), I recently ran 10K.  The atmosphere was really fantastic, and I enjoyed the whole experience, coming in at a very respectable time of 54 minutes 20 seconds, which I think is particularly good as the course was in Caerphilly, South Wales, and there were a couple of uphill sections!


Thank you to all of you who left me lovely messages wishing me luck for the big day - it was such a good feeling knowing so many people were thinking of me and wanting me to do well.



I've reached my target of raising £100 for the eating disorders charity Beat, and the donations are still coming in so I think I'll exceed it!

Hmm, there's another 10K in September, I'm already thinking of entering and trying to get under 50 minutes...

Running is addictive!

7 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Huge congrats!!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, well done!! What a great time. I'm glad you had so much fun and want to do it again. Go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bea! Yup, signing up to another 10K soon I reckon!! x

      Delete
  3. What an absolutely stellar accomplishment, honey! Countless congrats on finishing your first race and hitting your target fundraising goal.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks J, really pleased to have raised that money!
      x

      Delete
  4. Well done you, amazing achievement.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...