Monday 17 June 2013

Running in Pink Trainers

It's less than a week to go until my big race - my first 10K!  For those of you that deal in miles, that's over 6 miles.  I've been training hard, in forests, in the rain, in the heat, and hope to complete the course in under an hour.



I'm running for charity - the organisation Beat supports people with eating disorders through helplines, support groups, and online support.  Eating disorders are unfortunately more common that most people think, affecting 1.6 million people in the UK alone.  Eating disorders affect men as well as women, and all ages, and there is still a lot of misunderstanding and stigma attached to this very serious mental illness, that carries one of the highest fatality rates.  You can read more about the work that the charity Beat does on their website here.

If this charity is close to any of your hearts, then you can make a donation by visiting my fundraising page here or click on the button at the end of this post - all pennies gratefully received.




JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go, honey! I'm cheering you on every step of the way and sincerely commend the important cause you're working for here.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented on this earlier but the site crashed so I don't know if you have received my comment. I'm sure you will do amazing. All your hard training will pay off. I hope you enjoy the race and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck on the race! have fun.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...