Friday 14 June 2013

Vintage Inspired Swimwear

The sunshine that has finally made it to Northern Europe has brought bikinis to mind!  I've splashed out already (excuse the pun), and so you might as well make good use of my research and have a look at the best retro-style bikinis currently available.

Topshop
First up, for those of you with a high-street addiction, there are lots of lovely retro style bikinis at Topshop.  My pick would be the Green Leaf Longline Bikini, £34.  I'm also picturing a rather daring cut-out bikini that's futuristic and retro at the same time.  Perhaps Barbarella would have worn it.


Kiss Me Deadly
I really wanted to like these, but the reality was most disappointing.  If, like me, you are smaller busted, you too may find that these styles are quite unflattering.  My other half was also disappointed with the detrimental effect of the high waisted bikini bottoms to a normally award-worthy derriere.  I had been admiring their swimwear from afar for a while, and was absolutely gutted that it didn't suit me!  I ordered from Joanna's Wardrobe, where the azure swimdress is £75, and the tropical bikini separates £42 each.

vintage style swimsuit
vintage style bikini
 

Kelly Brook for New Look
In the end, the White Postcard print was the style I chose and purchased for myself this season - it's flattering on a smaller bust, I love the print (flamingos and hibiscus - sold!), and at under £30 for the set it was very reasonable.


vintage style bikini
vintage style bikini
What Katie Did
I've heard good things about this brand's swimwear, but haven't tried it myself.  Monochrome is a trend this year, so why not tie in the retro with the modern and go for this black and white bikini (available online here, top and bottom £34.75 each).
vintage style bikini

Dolce & Gabbana
If you want something a little more 60s than 50s, and buget is substantial, this is my top pick.  A gorgeous colour combination.  Buy at Net-a-porter, £330.

vintage style bikini

Have you bought yourself any retro swimwear yet this year?

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, these are marvelous! The postcard print gets my top vote, too.

    Here's hoping you have a super sunshine filled summer so you can get plenty of days to sport your lovely new swimwear on!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...