Friday 19 July 2013

Seaside Day Trips: Coves, Harbours and Dolphins

We had day trips to some lovely coves and beaches, although they were punctuated by me taking paracetamol, getting through a whole box of tissues, and sipping medicinal cognac!

It was before the current heatwave hit the UK, these two photos illustrate how much the British weather usually changes in 24 hours. 

Penbryn sands, a really lovely stretch of beach

Newquay harbour (not to be confused with Newquay in Cornwall!)

Despite the weather not being the greatest, the coastline was stunning, and sometimes it's nice to experience how beautiful a place can still be when it's blowing a gale and raining.  Right after this photo above was taken, we saw dolphins out in the bay!  It's the first time I've seen dolphins off Wales, it was very thrilling to see their fins popping up.

I won't say anymore about the beauty of the places we visited - I'm just going to show you some more photos and you can judge for yourselves!

Penbryn sands

Newquay harbour


Wild flowers

Cwmtydu cove


Llangranog




Is it too early to retire and live in a cottage by the sea?!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful setting! I honestly let out a long contented sigh as I looked at these photos. They're so relaxing and made me feel instantly more at peace (and a wee bit cooler) in the midst of another sweltering summer eve.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...