Tuesday 16 July 2013

The Old Woollen Mill

Time for me to share some of my photos from my minibreak in West Wales.  We are spoiled for choice in the UK for unique historic buildings, and so many of them these days are available as holiday homes.  You could stay in a castle, in a windmill, a thatched cottage, a converted barn or even a church.

Our holiday home was part of a 19th century woollen mill, with beamed ceilings, thick stone walls and a pretty stream and woodland setting.  You'll have to excuse the lack of an exciting vintage-inspired wardrobe - I was so ill, my packing did not stretch to 'outfits'.  I was very glad of the wood-burning stove in the chilly evenings, it burned nicely and kept me toasty.

The mill is now divided into two, with the owner on three floors on the left, and the holiday home being two floors on the right.


Jeans and a shirt - don't knock it, it's what Marilyn wore on her days off!

Lovely range cooker - not that I did any cooking, my Baby looked after me on this trip!




If you've fallen in love with the mill from these photos, then it could be yours!  It's currently on the market here for £575,000, including 10 acres of land.

That's all for today - my next post will share some photos of the beautiful - and sometimes wild - Welsh coastline

3 comments:

  1. Ooohh, if I had an extra nearly 600,000 pounds laying about, I would be thoroughly tempted, let me tell you. I've always adored old UK buildings and homes like this charming mill abode.

    It looks like such a sweet, peaceful place to stay - and that stove, my goodness, what a gem!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeans and T-shirt: If it's good enough for Marilyn, it's good enough for me!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...