Friday 30 August 2013

Gigs by the Sea, in a Tipi, and at the Greenman!

The other weekend I went on a bit of a musical road trip with my Baby, who had a few gigs lined up.

First stop was beautiful Tenby.  It was a lovely evening when we arrived, clear skies and a lovely pink-tinged light was cast over the bay.






I spent an enjoyable hour while the soundcheck was being done having a little wander and then went to my favourite cosy pub (I like to imagine it was part of a smuggling network centuries ago) with a good book and a large glass of wine.  I then headed back to the lovely Cafe Vista for the gig.  I'd never been there before and the people were friendly, the bar well stocked, and the tiny terrace has the most amazing view over the bay.  It seems that they do put on regular music nights, and I'd highly recommend the venue if you're staying in Tenby on a summer break.

The next day we went to Cardigan, back to the Pizza Tipi that I completely neglected to blog about last year.  They'd been busy with more developments to the site - an increased decking area along the river front and a refurbished bar that gave me lots of interior design inspiration!  The people there are lovely, and we enjoyed some fantastic wood-fired homemade pizzas and good ale.  As darkness falls, the firepits are lit, the fairy lights come on, and it's really quite magical to see a gig in the tipi.






On the Sunday we travelled the width of Wales then to get from Cardigan to the Greenman Festival, just outside of Crickhowell in Powys.  It really is the most stunning setting, though I might be a bit biased as I grew up in the nearby town of Abergavenny.

I have to admit I wasn't particularly excited by the line-up this year, and the site seemed to me to be much quieter than previous years.  It was fairly relaxing, and the weather certainly helped.  I wore my wellies just in case, but didn't really need them.  Here's my day in photos - it's not particularly rock and roll.  I'm past that stage.



That fab super-bright bag was part of a 'festival survival kit' provided by the lovely people at St David's - I'm not reviewing it here because I didn't really need a 'survival' kit spending just one day at Greenman, so I'll save my review of that for my holiday in a couple of weeks, as I'm staying in a cabin and it will be quite basic - that's practically camping in my book.







2 comments:

  1. green man. vix was there too. looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tenby is absolutely gorgeous! So romantically serene and soul revivingly lovely. I could picture myself spending many a relaxing day there.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...