Monday 26 August 2013

All Aboard the 1930's Train!

The day after the recent wedding of our friends Tom and Fran, the wedding party met up again to board the Severn Valley Railway for lunch.  As the carriages we were to be dining in were from the 1930s, we thought it would be rude not to dress appropriately.  My look was more 1940s to be honest, but I did get to wear a hat, and my Baby looked incredibly smart and was channelling Poirot.




 My outfit: 
Dress - Lindybop
 Shoes - Linea at House of Fraser
Bag - Prada
Hat - Peacocks & altered by me

My Baby's outfit (below):
All vintage and thrifted!



vintage railway station

vintage railway station

1930s train

1930s train

Severn Valley Railway

1930s train

Severn Valley Railway


We travelled from Kidderminster to Bridgnorth and back.  The train stops a while in Bridgnorth - just long enough to have a swift pint in the little pub there.  I would really recommend one of the dining experiences - options range from themed 1940s evenings, Sunday Luncheon, Murder Mystery evenings, Cream Teas and Breakfast/Brunch specials.  There's a full brochure here.

11 comments:

  1. You both look thoroughly marvelous! Your chap is one dressed gentleman here indeed! What a fun, special, vintage themed spot to take photos.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed a great spot to take photos, I can't wait to see the professional photos of the bride and groom when they come back! The bride wore a SECOND dress on that day, a '50s style tea-length one. Amazing!
      P x

      Delete
  2. How nifty is this!? And you both look adorable! And your look could totally be a late-1930s look!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both look absolutely super, i've been meaning to take one of these dining trips for a while - steam trains are so exciting!!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks amazing! I love your dress too, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - the hemline is a little higher than I would like, but I'm a tall girl so it's hard to get things right!
      P x

      Delete
  5. What an absolutely amazing day! I would love to ride that train for a beautiful lunch! I love the way you both looked! Your outfit and hat were smashing!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rebecca! We had a ball, it's so much more fun beng overdressed than underdressed, don't you think?
      P x

      Delete
  6. The photos are wonderful. You guys look great in your outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely pictures!!! you both look great!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...