Friday 27 September 2013

First Walk of Autumn

I've been waking up inordinately early.  To take advantage of the early light I've been going for runs and walks.  The most beautiful walk was earlier this month my first Autumn walk this year.  I went to Dinas Powys, a pretty little town in the Vale of Glamorgan, and a short drive from Cardiff.


There's a lovely set of footpaths around Cwm George, a wooded valley that opens out onto farmland.  The country lanes also have a few pretty cottages, and apple trees and blackberry bushes droop over the hedges.  They weren't quite ripe, and I meant to go back with a bucket, but life events mean I never did and somebody else has probably picked them all by now and made a lovely blackberry pie.

 








Do you like Autumn walks?  Do you prefer to walk in forests, across fields, up mountains, or by the sea?

3 comments:

  1. There's much to be said for walks in all of those locations, and at times I crave each, but probably prefer the beach and the forest most of all. In the case of the latter though, one always has to be especially careful around these parts, as we have no shortage of bears, cougars, lynx, and deer (which can be vicious if they want to be!) in our wooded areas.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures, there really is nothing like a crisp autumnal day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh this does look lovely, have you been to cwmcarn forest drive? it's lovely there.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...