Wednesday 2 October 2013

Kitchen: Buckwheat Salad

Another chickpea recipe (!).  This one is from the Domestic Sluttery blog, a new read to me, and so far some great recipes have appeared on it.

This one involves buckwheat, chickpeas, dried apricots, red onion, ras el hanout spice blend, tomatoes and cucumber.  I didn't have preserved lemon so just used a bit of lemon zest.  I also fried the onion as I find raw onion too strong in salads.

A word on dried apricots: try Crazy Jack's organic dried apricots.  These are the most deliciously dark, sweet, date-like apricots.  Once you've tried them you'll never go back to those sulphate-laden orange versions.  I get mine from Tesco.


For the full recipe please visit the Domestic Sluttery blog here.

Good news - only one tin of chickpeas left in my cupboard now!

1 comment:

  1. Agreed! Though I haven't tried the offerings from that brand before, sulphate-free apricots (and all kinds of dried fruits) taste worlds better than their chemical laden peers (not surprising!). All natural dried apricots (and mangoes) are almost addictively delicious! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...