Friday 7 February 2014

1940s Swing Trousers & Vote For Me!

I had these fabulous 1940's reproduction swing trousers in navy, but I felt compelled to return to 20th Century Foxy and purchase them in black too!

I'm linking up again today with Passion for Fashion, so head over to either Rachel the Hat or Lena B to have a look at what everyone else is blogging about today - you might discover some great new blogs!


 1940s swing trousers


 

 

Swing trousers: 20th Century Foxy
Cardi-jacket: F&F at Tesco
Blouse: Original silk 1940's pussybow blouse

The trousers are £60 and also come in light tan, brown, red, navy, pinstripe and check!  Tall girls like me will have to lose the turn-ups.  I didn't style my hair in a '40s way - it makes such a huge difference to the overall look, I actually think this outfit looks quite modern with my hair 'undone' and with a peachy nude lip instead of a red one.  I'd be comfortable wearing this to the office and big meetings.

And finally, I am taking part in Fever London's Perfect Fit Model Competition - they are looking for real women of various sizes and I need your help to win the size 12 category!!  It's quick and painless, you just cast a vote on Facebook here.  I'm using the picture below, and have entered under my real life name of Sarah rather than the blogging name of Porcelina.  You would make me very happy if I could get the chance to be a vintage styled model for the day!  Thank you!


22 comments:

  1. Adorable trousers and they look so good with that blouse! Also, I voted for you; good luck!! :)

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such lovely, classic, splendidly versatile trousers. I really like the white buttons as well; the burst of a paler hue helps give them added visual interest.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica - I do think they're really versatile too. P x

      Delete
  3. You look amazing in those trousers.
    I have voted for you :-)

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute jacket!!! Those trousers are soooo cute, I love the flare and fit on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. those trousers are gorgeous! and they look amazing on you! i tried to vote for you but i couldn´t find you on that link:(
    kiss,mary
    http://www.maryloucinnamon.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Lou for trying to vote! Never mind! Thanks for stopping by, P x

      Delete
  6. They look fantastic, you're quite right, they do work in a more modern look too, can't beat multipurpose clothing! Good luck in the contest, it's a beautiful picture! Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow - I love everything about your look/personal style! I think we're kindred spirits. The trousers are amazing. I will follow, yes I will. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very kind Paulette, thanks for stopping by, P x

      Delete
  8. You look great! Love your top and those pants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! I'm enjoying the Passion for Fashion! P x

      Delete
  9. adorable outfit! and I love your pic at the bottom of your post - best of luck in the contest!
    stopping by from alyssabarnettbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Alyssa, and for wishing me luck. I've just found your blog too and will read now! P x

      Delete
  10. i love the cardi and the pants. this is such an adorable outfit!
    ... one day i will find my perfect pair of pant, till then i stick to my skirts ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wear skirts so well! I don't think you need to rush into pants/trousers until you do find a pair nothing less than perfect. P x

      Delete
  11. those trousers are fantastic! love the fun buttons on it!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The buttons are just the icing on the cake, I agree Kelsey! Thanks for stopping by, P x

      Delete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...