Monday 3 February 2014

A Vintage Attic Sale

This weekend I went to Abergavenny, to Vintage Vision's attic sale!  For one day only the shop was opening up all of its stock to the public, with bargain bins, £5 rails, and 20% off all of the usual stock on offer.








I left the lovely 1950's lilac frock as I couldn't justify the money after my recent spendathon, but one of my friends picked up a few pieces for work.

If you're anywhere near Abergavenny, or Vintage Vision's other shops in Chepstow and Blaenavon, it's worth popping in - a social enterprise, they trade for a social and environmental purpose, providing opportunities to develop new skills, and preventing textiles going to landfill.  Any profit they make goes straight back into the business to support this. For you, that means excellent prices - the beautiful, perfect dress pictured above was only £40, which is about half the price that vintage boutiques in Cardiff would charge.

After our little rummage, my friends and I retreated from the rain to a cafe for a spot of tea and cake, before having a wander around the castle and museum.  A lovely day out - but worth a return when the weather's better!  You can see in the photo below that we were getting blown sideways!


12 comments:

  1. This looks like a lovely day out. I should pop in to the Abergavenny one and have some tea and cake like you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's plenty of good cake to be had in Aber, no shortage of that! P x

      Delete
  2. oh nice! girls day-out with vintage shopping and café!
    we had this windy weather too, when we reached the top of the mountain we climbed at saturday i had to be careful not to get blown off.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't beat a girls' day out can you? I'm glad you survived the mountain! P x

      Delete
  3. OMG! This looks like a great plan to spend an evening with friends, love that dress you bought and I admire your willpower not to buy more ... I am very weak when it's buy .... Happy week, my darling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should do it more often really Rosy! Lovely way to spend a day, I recommend it. Hope you're having a good week too. P x

      Delete
  4. That really looks like a terrific event - and one with such reasonable prices to boot. I admire your willpower in passing up that elegant vintage frock. I like to think, however optimistic it may be, that when we're extra smart/careful with our vintage spending one day, somewhere down the road the universe will reward us with an even better bargain find another time.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo I like your thinking on vintage spending karma! The prices are really fantastic Jessica though, I honestly think it's a gem of a place, and all public-spirited too, so you're helping people at the same time as buying nice things for yourself! P x

      Delete
  5. I really need to get over to Chepstow anyhow as I have friends there - one keeps recommending a rummage in the Vintage Vision shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to their Chepstow one, you'll have to let me know what it's like! P x

      Delete
  6. Wow - looks amazing and how restrained were you not to buy the dress...it's gorgeous on you! Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very restrained, I know! Before I went I'd done my sums, and was absolutely floored by how much I've actually spent on clothes in January. It's obscene, and I shall dedicate a whole post to it soon. P x

      Delete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...