Sunday 10 January 2016

Space Vixen

Finding suitable backdrops for my vintage inspired outfits usually involves trips to stately homes, a drive to the stunning mountains or a walk along the marina.  Somehow, for my futuristic skirt featured in today's post, none of my usual locations seemed quite right.  Being a wet and windy day with daylight fading fast, my husband suggested the supermarket.  I couldn't think of anywhere better off the top of my head, so we drove to Asda.  In the glamorous location of the car park, we took advantage of the covered walkway to shelter slightly from the elements and take a few quick photos, to a soundtrack of horns honking from bemused shoppers.


Space Vixen



Space Vixen

Space Vixen

Space Vixen

Space Vixen

Space Vixen

Space Vixen

Space Vixen

Space Vixen
Skirt: Voodoo Vixen (via Starletvintagefashion on Ebay)
Top: Miss Fortune
Shoes: Matalan (very old)
Wig: Ebay

I'm in a retro-futuristic mood now that we're in 2016. Watching science fiction as a child, the tales always seemed to be set in the not-too-far 21st century, so now that we're in a year that was touted in Star Trek as the year by which we'd all have personal hovercraft, I can't help but feel that we have a long way to go.  Despite that, 2015 was an amazing year for science, here are my top five news stories:

  1. The first new antibiotic in 30 years has been discovered in soil.
  2. Two drugs that could help create a male contraceptive have been identified.
  3. An Australian team computer 3D-printed a new sternum and ribs for a Spanish man.
  4. NASA finds an ocean on one of Jupiter's moons.
  5. Britain voted yes to three-parent IVF, which will prevent many incurable inheritable diseases.

So we are living in the space age after all!  The wonderful Barbarella-esque print on the Voodoo Vixen skirt also appears on a dress (on sale) but the skirt was sold out on the Voodoo Vixen website when I last checked.

Linking up with: Share in StyleVisible MondayReasons to Dress,#IwillwearwhatIlikePassion for FashionHat Attack

22 comments:

  1. Ah the glamorous world of outfit blogging! It's only a matter of time before I'm in a carpark too. I think it worked pretty well for you though!

    But can we just take a moment to discuss that wig?! I didn't recognise you! I think it really suits you though and what fun to make it part of the whole look. It does work and that skirt is so cool. Ive seen it before and was dubious about whether or not I liked it, but you've convinced me!

    Very space vixen indeed - I love it! And science is amazing :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wig was bought for Halloween but didn't get worn. Glad I kept it! I can"t be bothered to dye my hair but it was nice to be pink for a day xx

      Delete
  2. WOW! Love this outfit and that wig looks so awesome on you! Those shoes are just perfect too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the carpark worked perfect as a photo shoot backdrop! Love everything about the outfit. The color of the wig is right in style now too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! I adore your pink wig! : P

    I actually think it was quite clever finding somewhere that was covered but still interesting architecturally to take some photos. I applaud your boldness to get out there and take photos with people around.

    I love the print on the skirt. The whole outfit is great on you. Now go and buy some groceries! : P

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is honestly one of the best skirts I have seen. You look so amazing in this futuristic outfit (plus pink hair is always a win)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inspired idea for the photo shoot, you are more brave then me! I love this look, I almost bought the dress version and I've been eying up a similar one myself, I'd love a large collection of pretty wigs! Adore the shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This look is so atomic! The whole thing is great from top to toe ~ I think that pink wig is epic and so cute with your skirt. Nice job pulling off the photos in the carpark as well ~ the backdrop is great, but I so don't think I could take photos in a carpark, so kudos to you! ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! I am listening to Space Oddity (RIP, Bowie) and your skirt took me there. xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The wig is fabulous and just the thing with the skirt and shoes! And the location really works...

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome skirt and I adore the pink hair.
    I have a Thursday Link up ( still live) and would love to have you pop over for a visit.http://www.alabouroflife.com/2016/01/a-plethora-of-plaids-when-you-fashion.html
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. The long walkway in this photo shoot reminds me of your femme fatale photoshoot on the pier a couple years ago :) Love all the elements you paired with this outfit: the metallic on the top, the silver shoes, that hair! They all work together so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got a good memory!! Thanks lovely x

      Delete
  12. The sexy specie girls on the skirt are amazing, that's just such a cool print! The whole outfit works so well! And I love how you wore it to the supermarket car park of all places for pictures! I can just imagine the honking scenario!! Honk honk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a fab look; pink hair really suits you. I love the print on that skirt. How do you find VV for quality? They have some super prints.

    I'm still feeling cheated that we don't get to wear silver hotpants and have purple bobs like in UFO. AND we've just passed the day where Roy in Blade Runner was supposed to come off the manufaturing line. WHERE'S MY SPACE AGE? (She says, typing this wearing a 1940s sweater...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I saw that on Facebook about Roy Batty's Inception date! VV quality is very good, their cardigans wash and wear very well in particular. Never had any issues. X

      Delete
  14. OH MY GOODNESS!!! Forget Startrek and meet the Jetson's I LOVE THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous and fun and all kinds of seriously (seriously!) cool.

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* Naturally, I wholeheartedly approve of the wig in this delightful outfit post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. That print is fabulous and I'm impressed that you got such good photos in a supermarket car park, it really works!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm dying, this is amazing! The pink wig, the silver shoes, the print on that skirt... Fabulous. Utterly fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That skirt is so cute! And it's so pretty with the wig too, they fit well together.
    I used to have lots of trouble finding good spots for photoshoots, but now that it has snowed, everywhere looks pretty much the same. Problem solved by natural causes :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...