Sunday 6 December 2015

Babydoll

One of the things I love about vintage nightwear is that you can wear the flamboyant, the too short, the see-through and the risque, all in the comfort of your own home, with nobody to pass judgement or feel self-conscious in front of.  Not all of us have the confidence to wear more unusual items outside of the house, and while I don't personally claim myself too shy to wear them, I actually enjoy having a more private, behind-closed-doors style that is for me, and one I don't necessarily want to project in my community.  A good friend of mine lives in hiking boots and jeans, but shared a secret - she's usually wearing a rather lovely set of lingerie underneath.  I think there's something rather nice about that.

This photo session started off as another self-portrait session but my husband saw me carrying the tripod around and stepped in.  Shooting nightwear is perfect for the winter months, when it's hard to get good light and the weather is most inhospitable, I can stay warm and dry indoors!  Here's my gratuitous posing...

Babydoll




Babydoll

Babydoll

Babydoll

Babydoll

Babydoll

Babydoll

Babydoll

Babydoll
Vintage babydoll & dressing gown, both via car boot sale

This vintage babydoll and nightie were both bought at car boot sales.  Some of the seams on the dressing gown needed re-doing, and I adjusted the ties to make it open-front rather than wrap-front, so that I could fit in it!  I have enjoyed having the babydoll in my collection but have decided to sell it on.  If I lived in California I'd wear more things like it, but it's a little incongruent with the Welsh weather.  Instead I am interested in darker colours and longer styles, such as the Leonie set from Kiss Me Deadly, I get much more wear out of those styles.

13 comments:

  1. Twit-twoo! Very saucy - you are hot stuff :) the colour is fab; it's a shame you're letting it go but I imagine if I wore it round my house my legs would get frostbite! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am a lover of the sexy vintage lingerie/nightwear. I wear high heel feather slippers too. I do sound like an elephant in them though in the morning, on the laminate flooring stomping around. You look ba in this cute baby doll. The colour is very fetching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great shoot! Looks like it was ripped from the pages of 1950's Vogue. I'm very impressed with the natural lighting.

    I love both pieces. The floral one is so dramatic. It'd be great to have on when the UPS guy shows up at the door : )

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been eyeing up Kiss Me Deadly but it's totally out of my budget unfortunatly, even with the kickstarter. maybe one day. This is very cute, and I am loving your dresser too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meow! What a sexy shoot, I bet your husband loved taking those photos!! It's very 1960s with the natural lighting, minimalistic make-up and your hair left loose. That babydoll is so cute too and really suits you, you should keep it. Perhaps we may have a few warmer evenings in the summer when you could wear it, if we're lucky! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love your babydoll, it's just delightful. You are very brave posing in it online. I'd love ot wear that sort of thing but worry about the support, though a few larger-lady lingerie firms have started doing supportive ones now.

    :-( I dithered about signing up to the KMD kickstarter and then went down with flu and missed the deadline *kicks self*.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are an absolute 60s GODDESS in this vintage night wear! Also, your dresser is so gorgeous, these photos are so lovely and whimsical :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks so good on you!
    Jabeen x
    http://www.spilling-the-beans.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty and your pics are wonderful! You could model this nightwear in any fashion show. thank you for linking up,

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab photos, you're smouldering!! I adore the wrap, I'd be tempted to trim it with marabou feathers for even more glam.
    I can't resist those nylon confections either, i must have a drawerful. My fellow vintage traders find them impossible to sell and donate them all to me - hoorah! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous photos! I love the contrast of you looking very comfortable in your nightie against the glimpses of the cold winter outside your windows.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great babydoll! It looks cute and comfortable which is always great for sitting around {or smoldering around ;P } in! ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an alluringly pretty lingerie ensemble. That robe and babydoll look sensational together!

    Have a terrific weekend!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...