Tuesday 12 April 2016

Spring in Wales (Two Spring Outfits are Better than One!)

It's with much excitement that I present today's post to herald the start of Spring.  You get not just one, but two bloggers today, following a visit from the lovely CiCi Marie and her boyfriend to my fair country of Wales!  It's a bit of a trek from her abode in East England to mine in the Welsh Valleys, but they managed to follow my directions and navigate the sluggish Friday afternoon traffic.  After a somewhat late night and a very slow start the next day, we were glad to see the sunshine for a little trip to the National Museum of Wales at St Fagans.  The gorgeous grounds of this castle and open air museum were the perfect setting for a double blogger outfit post.

Now, the whole point of this post is really to show you how the same trousers look on two different sized people: tall and small!  The trousers are the 'Bethan' ankle-grazers from Lindybop.  Neither of us have altered the length of the trousers; they're exactly the same style, just in different patterns and sizes.  We tried to co-ordinate with some Springy pastels, and CiCi made the sensible decision to wear heels for standing next to me.  I'm also showing off my first piece of Erstwilder in this post, as CiCi made me a present of a rather fabulous martini necklace from the range.  She knows me too well, despite this being only our second 'real life' meeting.

St Fagans

St Fagans

St Fagans

St Fagans

St Fagans

St Fagans

St Fagans

St Fagans

St Fagans

St Fagans


St Fagans

CiCi (small!)
Headscarf: eBay
Earrings: vintage c/o Chronically Vintage
Top: New Look
Brooch: vintage c/o Chronically Vintage
Trousers/pants: Lindy Bop 'Bethan'
Shoes: BAIT 'Halina' via Zulily
Bag: Jo Totes (all available colourways)
Lipstick: Revlon 'Kiss Me Coral'

Porcelina (tall!)
Headscarf: Old, can't remember.
Top: M&S, via charity shop
Necklace: Erstwilder, gift from CiCi!
Shoes: George, old.
Bag: Joules
Lipstick: Revlon 'Kiss Me Coral'

Porcelina: "These Lindybop trousers are more calf grazing than ankle-grazing on my 5'9" frame!  The waist isn't quite reaching my natural waist either, but it's not too far off.  I love the light cotton fabric, and the absence of pockets helps keep a sleek silhouette.  On the downside, I have only worn and washed these a few times, and they've already faded a little bit.  These are a great everyday casual trouser that I am not worried about wrecking."

CiCi: "You'll notice straight away that these are basically full-length trousers on all 5'1" of me and they are high-waisted. I really like the shape of these trousers for my body-shape, but they do rather cling to your curves. I didn't tell Porcelina this, but I had my favourite Rago shapewear on underneath mine, for my less than naturally flat stomach! Unfair advantage, huh? Worked a treat though, je n'regrette rien. Mine are still brand new, so I haven't washed them yet, but I do find they're a slightly different shape and material to my black pair and again seem a different fabric to Porcelina's here too. So don't take consistency for granted if you buy a pair of these and like them enough to get another one..."


So there you go, I hope that gives you an indication of how the same style trouser looks on non-average people (i.e. tall and small).  It was a bit of a strange experience I must say, posing with someone else for photos, and having not one, but two photographers.  If someone could please write some guidelines for modelling with other people that would be most helpful - we seemed to have a higher than average proportion of shots where we were pulling all kinds of faces.  I admit I felt a bit more inhibited than I normally do!

I've been assured that CiCi and her boyfriend had a lovely time, but they still must have been pleased to get home safely after a weekend that included my car making a horrendous noise whilst pulling into the museum car park, a forced charity shop visit, and then taking them up one of the highest local look out points when CiCi isn't too mad about heights...  Do you think they'll want to come back?!

Please head over to CiCi Marie for yet more photos and her side of the story, and I'll leave you with a behind-the-scenes snapshot.

St Fagans

44 comments:

  1. Why am I not surprised I appear to be blinking in the behind the scenes pic - that really is me behind the scenes; constantly blinking! Of course we had a lovely time, and considering neither of us had posed like this before I really don't think we did too badly :) a strange experience, but couldn't think of anyone I'd rather have tried it with xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love the behind the scenes photo - I am a serial blinker myself so I can relate! It sounds like you both had a wonderful day, it was so lovely of Cici to gift you that necklace, I haven't seen this Erstwilder piece before :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it's not just me ;) I think the necklace is an older style, but generally I feel like their necklaces are a bit under-appreciated - they have some beauties!

      Delete
    2. It was really bright, I was doing a lot of blinking too to be fair! And yes, it's a fabulous necklace :)

      Delete
  3. You look both very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be honest, the best way to model with someone else is to get used to keep doing it so you get used to it, and perhaps to get the photographer to take a hand in directing you both, getting you both to look at a certain thing at the same time. The more you do it, the more relaxed you'll get.

    It certainly looks as though you both had a brilliant time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm frankly astounded we've got any shots where we were sort of looking in the same direction, as most of the time we were looking at different cameras...

      Delete
    2. To be honest I've never been on a shoot with two photographers. Two-camera shoots, yes, but usually controlled by one person who can therefore direct the action.

      I really need to work on my photography, it's bobbins. And my Photoshop - not for airbrushing myself, but just for making fun, surreal images.

      Delete
    3. You're right -I've done very little modelling with other people, so practice would absolutely improve it!

      Delete
  5. Ah, two of my favourite bloggers in one post - love it!
    I also love the trousers, which are ankle-length on me - I'm really regretting not buying the polka dot ones when they were in stock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Amber - I am sure the polkadot ones are still on Ebay or some boutiques, you may get lucky!

      Delete
  6. I your blogs and am loving these photos! Love that necklace from CiCi and your outfits look so perfect! Sounds like you had so much fun and the behind the scene photo is great, I love those type of shots. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kayla! You should see the other outtakes... x

      Delete
  7. Love this idea - and you are both gorgeous in your slim trousers! Thanks so much for sharing the fun, xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patti - CiCi gets credit for the trousers idea! X

      Delete
  8. How could I resist a post called Spring in Wales! You are both looking great in those trousers. They would be ankle-length on me, if I could pull that style of trousers off, that is. I'd choose the polka dot ones, as I'm crazy about polka dots. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Passion for polkadots is a common affliction!! X

      Delete
  9. Oh wow, what a great idea to feature the same garment on two different sizes.
    These shots looks like vintage magazine ads.. beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorena, we were lucky with the glorious Spring sunshine!

      Delete
  10. Your photos turned out stunning! And you both looked so flawless. Sounds like a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chelsea, we are pleased with the result!

      Delete
  11. You look like you had a brilliant time together and how lovely to have a bit of Spring sunshine, too. What a well chosen gift that Martini necklace was! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a wonderful visit! It's so cool to read two of my favourite bloggers together in one post! I'm loving the idea of the post being about people of two different heights wearing the same style of pant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad the post is a winner! And yes, it was so lovely to see CiCi in person again x

      Delete
  13. You remind me of the time my friend Soo and I tried on the same pair of jeans, I put them on and and said "bugger they're too short" so she said "I'll try them then" I handed them over and after a bit heard this voice say "Sometimes I hate you." I popped my head around her changing room curtain and she was standing there in the jeans with like 3ft of denim pooling around her feet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!! One of my best friends is under 5ft, we've had similar comedy moments... x

      Delete
  14. That's really helpful to see the trousers on two different people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so - models are always 'average' height on websites, so a bit of extrapolation is usually required!

      Delete
  15. I love these photos of you both, and those trousers look so great on you two! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So fantastically awesome! This post made my heart smile and leap with joy. Two of my all-time favourite vintage fashion bloggers, and dear online friends, together in the same beautiful post - it doesn't get much more enjoyable than that. Thank you so much for this awesome meetup shoot, sweet ladies.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic post! It's lovely to see the two of you together and it looks like you had a fab time. It's great to see the same garment on two different body types and I love elements from both. I love how they sit more on CiCi's natural waist but I much prefer the length on you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hmmmm...my comment just disappeared...will try again.

    I love that you two met up with men in tow.

    You truly do look like you stepped out of a magazine.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those trousers look fab on both of you! I might investigate, at 5'4" they might be the right length on me, though I have very short legs, so they might just possibly be normal trousers like they are on CiCi!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You gals look gorgeous, the pictures are beautiful as are your outfits. The photos are very professionally done. Cheers, Michele

    ReplyDelete
  21. Would it be bad manners to copy my comment from Cici's post here? :P Probably, so I guess I'll have to be creative whilst gushing about how cute you both are.
    It's really cool that you guys found a way to make your joint blogging efforts so informative. You guys really do look like you're shooting an ad for Lindy Bop, it's so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The matching outfits are adorable! So great to see how these trousers fit on different heights.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love it! Love seeing you two girls together and love seeing the comparison of how the same pants can fit different heights! Also, that's so awesome of you and your husband to invite CiCi and her boyfriend over for the weekend! So sweet! <3 I love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  24. great post,You look both very Chic!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...