Sunday 31 January 2016

My Vintage Wedding: The Outfits

Sharing all the details of my wedding could easily turn into death-by-photos, so I'm going to gently share a few posts over the next few weeks.  Today I want to share details of what we wore, with my description in the style of wedding announcements from old newspapers.

My Vintage Wedding

The bride was angelically elegant in a floor-sweeping halterneck bias cut gown of ivory silk.  A heavily embellished band of beads, sequins and rhinestones edged the neckline and crossed under the bust, dropping down to encircle the back of the waist.  A headband of radiant stars adorned the cascading waves of the bride's hair, and a fingertip ivory veil of sheerest tulle completed the heavenly ensemble.  The bride held a large 'Glamelia' bouquet trimmed with silver ribbon.  Bridesmaids were bold and leggy in cobalt blue lace, wearing silver hairbands and shoes to complement the silver beading of the bride's gown.  Each of the five young ladies held a smaller version of a Glamelia bouquet with trailing ribbons in ivory and silver.  The two flowergirls were sweetly pretty in navy lace, and held small bouquets of ivory ostrich feathers.  The Groom was especially dapper,  wearing a two piece black suit with waistcoat, and sporting a daring Kentucky tie in black.



My Vintage Wedding

My Vintage Wedding

My Vintage Wedding

My Vintage Wedding

My Vintage Wedding

My Vintage Wedding

My Vintage Wedding

My Vintage Wedding

My Vintage Wedding

My Vintage Wedding

My Vintage Wedding

My Vintage Wedding

My Vintage Wedding
All photographs by Lorna Lovecraft photography

The Bride
Gown: Jenny Packham 'Petra' dress (Ebay)
Star hairband: Belle Amour Tiara (Ebay)
Shoes: Rachel Simpson
Veil: Handmade
Lipstick: Dusty Rose by Besame
Nail polish: April by Chanel
Bouquet: Handmade
Bag: Vintage, borrowed from friend

The Groom
Suit: Topman (Car boot sale)
Waistcoat: Next (Charity shop)
Hat: Vintage, J. Wippell & Co. (Antique shop)
Cowboy boots: Vintage (Car boot sale)

The Bridesmaids
Dresses: Very
Hairbands: Pinkstraw123 (Ebay)
Bouquets: Handmade

I'll be tackling details, suppliers, and the budget in forthcoming blog posts, but please feel free to get in touch if you have any specific questions!

Linking up with: Share in StyleVisible MondayReasons to Dress,#IwillwearwhatIlike, Throwback Thursdays, Passion for FashionHat Attack

22 comments:

  1. I love the style you've writtern this in, such a good idea. Your headband/ veil is beautiful, it's so unique I've never seen anything quite like it. You look so delicate and beautiful and I love the grooms styling too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you looked so radiant, I love these pictures. And how fab to get some on a pier, I especially love those :) I never did ask you how you did your hair in the end, as I know you were struggling with it; you certainly got some good waves going in the end. I can't believe you made the veil and bouquets!! I'm seriously impressed. Can't wait for the future posts, give me all your wedding wisdom! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look glorious! Many congratulations! The dress is beautiful and I love the stars!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look absolutely magnificent! You are glowing, so beautiful. I like your husband's choice of attire as well. You two make a fine pair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so lovely! Your dress is absolutely gorgeous on you, and I love your crown of stars and veil. Your hubby looks so dapper as well, and I love the fun touch of the Kentucky tie. I love that there's a distinctly vintage feel to both of your looks, but it's also timelessly classic. Congratulations again on your nuptials!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, congratulations! What a beautiful dress, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful writing and oh, what a beautiful bride! I really enjoy your pics, you two lovely young people. xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What gorgeous photos!

    I'm impressed with your handmade bouquets. You must show us how you made them.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful photos! I love all the details and the shoes and veil are just stunning. I absolutely love the cascading stars over the top of your head. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photos! Gorgeous bride! And gorgeous couple! You look absolutely beautiful in your wedding dress and veil!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So so stunning! You are such a radiant bride and the dress is just perfect. The wedding party looks amazing. I love your homemade touches veil and bouquet, just beautiful! Congratulations x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, such lovely photos - thank you for sharing them. It all looks like a really beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are beautiful bride. This vintage style suits you, you look very naturally... o)

    Anna
    www.glamadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how happy you both look, it's wonderful to see both bride and groom looking so chuffed on what is an incredibly intense day! Your gown, veil and shoes are dreamy - perfect 1930s bride. The groom and his best man also look fantastic, I especially love that they are wearing hats and Kentucky ties - such a nice and refreshing change from the hipster beard and suspenders + no jacket cliche that is all the rage here in Australia at the moment. Really beautiful wedding photos, your photographer did a great job!

    Deco Darling

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful post, beautiful couple! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So gorgeous! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look truly incandescent. Your happiness really shines through in all of these pictures. Such an elegant and timeless look, pictures to cherish for a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous wedding photos! I feel honored that you shared your beauty and your bridal headwear with Hat Attack. Yes, you are vintage inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such beautiful photos. You looked stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't seen this post, but I am so glad you mentioned it on your most recent post about your wedding! You looks so gorgeous, your gown is so stunning on you and I love your star headband so much! Also I love your husbands suit especially with the touch of the Kentucky tie!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh.... how lovely. Fantastic photos, absolutely perfect dress (sexy too), handsome groom, dreamy gorgeous bride. And all that with a vintage sauce. Perfect.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...